Fishing Is Phenomenal

 To say that the fishing is phenomenal is an understatement.  The lakes around us have not had much if any fishing pressure for the last two years with the U.S. border closure.  It has been a tough time for us to be without our guests, both socially and financially.  But we are oh so thankful to have four cabins with guests in them now since the border has reopened.  

Joanna and I have been fishing on Indian Lake quite a bit since we got here on June 20th.  It's been amazing to be able to catch fish so easily even in the middle of the day.  We usually have only been going to the first point after coming out of the river and we catch both Walleye and Pike, nice sizes too.  We feel so spoiled.  

Now we are hearing from our guests what great fishing it is.  The Landa group came in from fishing a short time on Saturday evening and were beaming from ear to ear.  They said it was some of the best fishing they have ever had.  I believe they caught 40 fish between the three of them in about an hour.  One after another.  

Then today, we thought we would go out and do a little exploring to see if we could find a new honey hole to fish from.  We came across a fantastic spot that we had never fished before.  It was extremely windy and very wavy on the lake.  I dropped in my jighead with a leech attached and in just seconds I had a beautiful Walleye hooked.  It was about 17 inches. 

 I had drifted a bit by the time I got the fish taken care of and a new leech on my jighead, so I had to motor around to find the spot again.  I was nervous about trying to anchor in the strong wind and didn't want it to get hung up on rocks and not be able to pull it up again.  So I opted to just keep using my fish finder to locate the proper depth again.  

As soon as my leech hit the bottom and I began to drift again in the wind, I felt that wonderful tug on the line and hauled in another beautiful Walleye, about 18 inches.  Following the same procedure as before, Joanna landed a 19 incher.  That's all we had room for on our license, so it was time to head back in.  But what fun to find a new spot and have it turn out to be so dynamic.  

You all better get up here quick and get in on this spectacular fishing before next season and everyone else is up here too.  



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Memorable Day at Paguchi

The Hansen Family Reunion

Best Year Ever